Information Webinar on the future of the workforce and the future of funding within the early learning and care and school-age childcare sector
An information webinar on the future of the workforce and the future of funding within the early learning and care and school-age childcare sector took place on 22 September 2020.
The webinar follows on from announcement on 19 August of a new programme of consultation to inform both projects consisting of:
- Separate calls for submissions on the Workforce Development Plan and the new Funding Model. The closing date for submissions is 2 October 2020;
- A national survey of households with children under 15 is underway. The survey, which is being undertaken by Ipsos MRBI, seeks to identify, from the point of view of parents/guardians, the key issues to be addressed in the development of the new funding model; and
- A series of thematic online consultation events with providers, practitioners, and parents will take place w/b 12 and 19 October. Schedule to be announced soon.
The purpose of the information webinar was to:
- Provide an update on both reform initiatives as actioned in First 5 and
- Provide an overview of the programme of consultation, outlining how interested stakeholders can participate.
Speaking at the webinar was Minister for Children, Disability, Equality and Integration Roderic O’Gorman, Bernie McNally (Assistant Secretary, Early Years Division), Anne-Marie Brooks (Principal Officer, Early Years Policy and Strategy Unit) and Toby Wolfe (Principal Officer, Early Years Quality Unit).