Health Guidance [Updated 29th September 2021]
The priority for Early learning and Care (ELC) and School-Age Childcare (SAC) settings in Ireland operating during COVID-19 will be to ensure the health and safety of children, families and staff, while continuing to ensure quality practice to support children's well-being, learning and development. This section provides some helpful documents on health and safety.
Guidance for you and your setting
- Checklist for ELC and SAC suspected and confirmed cases 16/09/2021 [Download Here]
- HSE FAQs for Parents 27th September 2021 [Download here]
- HSE Update and FAQs for changes to contact tracing for children [Download here]
- Update for ELC/SAC managers, principals, sporting and childrens clubs 22/09/2021 [Download here]
- Information on COVID-19 Contact Tracing for children under 13 years [Download here]
- Infection Prevention and Control, guidance for settings providing childcare during the COVID-19 Pandemic, (HPSC) [Download here]
- Update on HPSC Health Advice on Symptoms of Covid-19 for Early Learning and Care and School-Age Childcare Settings [Download here]
- Infection Control training, (TUSLA)[Download here]
- Public Health Webinar on Infection Control Guidance for Early Learning and Care and School Age Childcare Settings, 7 July 2021 [click here to watch]
Regulatory Guidance [Updated October 22nd 2020]
This section provides guidance and information on regulations for early learning and care and school-aged childcare settings during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tusla’s Early Years Inspectorate has developed guidance for registered providers of early years services to support and facilitate the safe reopening and operation during the COVID-19 period.
These documents have been prepared in line with public health guidance and regulatory requirements. The guidance document provides detailed information on the steps you need to take before and after you reopen.The self-assessment checklist should be completed in parallel with the guidance document as an aide to help services work through the requirements. As you are aware Covid -19 is included in the list of infectious diseases, in the event of a case in an early years’ service it must be notified to Tusla. A revised notification form for Covid-19 has been developed. Should additional advice be received from HPSC before Phase 3 or thereafter, Tusla will amend the documents accordingly.
The suite of documents includes
- Tusla EY letter to Registered Providers, (TUSLA) [Download here].
- Guidance for Early Years Services managing COVID-19, (Tusla) [Download here].
- COVID-19 Notification form for Early Years services, (Tusla) [Download here].
- Early Years COVID-19 Self-Assessment checklist, (Tusla) [Download here].
- COVID-19 Inspection protocol for registered providers, (TUSLA) [Download here].
- Inspection toolkit, (TUSLA) [Download here].
- Pre-Inspection Documentation Request, (TUSLA) [Download here].
The Department of Education and Skills, Early Years Education Inspectorate has developed guidance for registered providers of early learning and care settings regarding the arrangements for inspection during the 2020/21 academic year.
- Circular 0042/2020, Arrangements for Inspection of Early Learning and Care (ELC) Settings for the 2020/2021 academic year, (DES) [Download here].