Guidance for Providers and Practitioners [Updated June 10th 2021]
This section contains a number of resources that have been developed to guide and assist providers and practitioners for the reopening and operation of their service(s) during COVID-19.
Service Interruptions due to Cyberattack
The HSE has issued memos in relation to the handling of Covid-19 cases in Early Learning and Care (ELC) and School Age Childcare (SAC) services, which may be found below
- HSE Memo 18th May Re: Cyber Attack – Public Health Update
- HSE Memo 31st May Re: Cyber Attack - Public Health Update
As reported in the media there has also been an interruption to Tusla IT services - Tusla have advised that phone lines are currently operational and you can find the Early Years inspectorate numbers at https://www.tusla.ie/get-in-touch/early-years-inspectors/
Tusla have also issued a memo in relation to contingency plans which can be found below
- FAQs for Providers– 8th March 2021 [Download Here]
- FAQs for Practitioners, (DCEDIY)[Download here].
- Funding Model FAQs, (DCEDIY) [Download here]
- School Age Services Key Messages (HPSC/DCEDIY), [Download here]
- Student Placement Guidelines, (DCEDIY/DES), [Download here]
- Chronic Symptoms Parental Declaration Form (HPSC) [Download here]
- Return to Work Safely Protocol, (ECI) [Download PDF here], [Download Word Doc here]
- COVID-19 health and Safety checklist for reopening, (ECI) [Download here]
- Reopening HR FAQs, March 8th '21, (ECI) [Download here]
- Return to Childcare Setting Parental Declaration Form (SAMPLE) (HPSC), [Download Here]
Some quick reference material on a variety of thematic areas:
- Tip sheet 1, Drop off and Collection, [Download here].
- Tip sheet 2, Maintaining Relationships, [Download here].
- Tip sheet 3, Play,[Download here].
- Tip sheet 4, Play Pods, [Download here].
- Tip sheet 5, School Age Child Care, [Download here].
- Tip sheet 6, Sessional Services, [Download here].
- Tip sheet 7, Suspected or Confirmed Case of COVID-19, [Download here].
- Tip sheet 8, Adapting Environments, [Download here].
- Information sheet on keeping safe during reopening, [Download here]
- Information sheet on Services providing transportation to and from schools, [Download here]
The 30 City and County Childcare Committees (CCCs) are also available to provide advice and support to early learning and care and school age childcare services. Contact details for your local CCC can be found at www.myccc.ie. The Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth has also established a national weekend Covid-19 support helpline, hosted by the CCCs, which provides support for providers who are faced with a potential or confirmed Covid-19 case in their service by guiding them through the process of engagement with the relevant authorities. This helpline can be reached on 1800 940 341 on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays between the hours of 10.00-13.00 and 13.30 and 16.00.
Practice Supports [Updated March 22nd 2021]
This section provides tailored information for Practice Supports.
Pre-school at Home Hub
The Department has established a Pre-School at Home Hub to support parents and practitioners during current restrictions. The Preschool at Home Hub has lots of new and existing resources in one convenient place. Early Learning and Care settings have been asked to connect with families to support the children in their setting during current restrictions. Some guidance to support you in relation to connecting with parents is provided below.
- Wellbeing webinar for practitioners "Because You Matter: Caring for Self in order to care for others.'' Presented by Anthony Semann (Australia) https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/sh... Password: bsvd2C$F
- Principles of practice for reopening ELC and SAC, (DCEDIY)[Download here]. (updating in progress)
- Working together with parents, (DYCA) [Download here].
- FAQs for Practices, (DCEDIY) [Download here]. (updating in progress)
- Adapting environments for practice , (DCEDIY) [Download here]. (updating in progress)
- Supporting Children's Emotional wellbeing in Transition to ELC, (Barnardos) [Download here].
- Short animated video on returning to childcare for children, (DCEDIY) [Watch here].
- Webinar looking at the key person approach: Supporting Relationships in the Early Years Setting During Covid-19, (Barnardos)
The Key Person Approach: Supporting Relationships in the Early Years Setting During Covid-19 is a recording of a free webinar looking at the key person approach – what it is, why it is important and how it works in practice in early learning and care. [Register here].
- Practice case studies, [Download Case Study 1] [Download Case Study 2]
- Barnardos have developed a new tip sheet for early years providers on renewing teamwork as settings prepare to reopen. Click here.
FAQs will continue to be updated at appropriate intervals