[Leagan Gaeilge ar fáil ach cliceáil ar an GA thuas]
Information for Parents [Updated March 15th 2022]
This section provides helpful information and guidance for parents on children in settings during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As Early Learning and Care (ELC) and School-Age Childcare (SAC) services operate during COVID-19, it is important for babies, toddlers and young children that child-centredness continues to be a basis for how we develop our response for children. When all the child’s most important adults—parents and practitioners—work together, going to childcare can be a positive experience for everyone.
Everyone will need to remain vigilant and continue to follow Public Health guidance.
- Communications to providers on 25 of February regarding updated public health advice for ELC and SAC Settings, effective 28 February [Download Here],
- ELC and SAC setting advice for Parents [Download here]
Don't send your child to the service if:
- they have any symptoms* of COVID-19.
- they have been advised to self-isolate or restrict their movements.
*A child with a runny nose, not ill, in good form, good energy and normal appetite, no fever, not requiring paracetamol, ibuprofen or any other medicine for fever can attend childcare.
If returning from another country, follow the travel advice at https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/b4020-travelling-to-ireland-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/
If the service calls to say your child is unwell, collect them as soon as possible, self-isolate and ring your GP.
Communicate openly, early and often
Talk to staff regularly and use various ways to keep in touch i.e. video calls, private messages
Talk to your child and remind them that they should talk to grown-ups if something makes them happy/sad or they feel sick.
- Supporting your child's transition to primary school - [Download document here]
- Teaching new skills to children - [Download document here]
- Emotional Well-being, (Barnardos) - [Download here]
Choosing Early Learning and School Age Childcare
- What to look for in an Early Years Service (Barnardos) - Download here
- What to look for in a Service outside of School (School Age Childcare) (Barnardos) - Download here
- Choosing Early Learning and Childcare (DCEDIY)
City/County Childcare Committees (CCCs) are your first contact point for the provision of general information and support in relation to the operation of early learning and care and school-age childcare. You can find your local CCC contact details on www.myccc.ie
FAQs will continue to be updated at appropriate intervals